![]() |
| Veronica Portillo Store Manager |
My travels have revealed some strange encounters and I have met many interesting people. This story is about a group of people who was really exceptional.
Everyone who knows
me or who reads this blog knows that without a doubt, I am an AutoZone guy, I like AutoZone
for several reasons which include:
- They have a
wide variety of products.
- They offer a
high standard of Service.
- They have a
customer friendly return policy.
- An utoZone store can
be found almost everywhere.
While on the Road I ran into and did business with lots of AutoZone Stores, and with the
exception for one bad experience, the service they provide is impeccable. It is
strange that in Creedmoor, North Carolina, there is an AutoZone Store that had the most
helpful Manager, but this store also had one of the most dishonest customer service representative
there is. This representative spiteful behavior, was responsible for causing me a
couple hundred dollars in unplanned expense.
On my long journey, I
have also used the Service of several Advance Auto Parts stores and although they
provide a fairly good Standard of Service, they have not live up to the
standard of Service I received at AutoZone. But this was soon to change. On the
4th of December 2013, I went into the Advance Auto Parts store,
which is located at 2206 North Roxboro Road, Durham, North Virginia. My objective
was: price checking before I made a fairly large purchase, I was also double
check my RV batteries; this was when I ran into Veronica Portillo.
This (Veronica)
happy go lucky go getter had just reentered the store after running a battery diagnostic
test on a customer’s vehicle; she was all bubbling over with joy and with a big smile on her face,
she wanted to know how she could be of help. Immediately I declared my desire, and
Veronica was only to eager to help. Immediately; Veronica got her battery testing equipment and out to my van where the batteries were we went.
She tested my
batteries and give me the results, I told her I will like to have the batteries
charged, and with the same fit of excitement, she picked up the battery and with
an enthusiastic “lets get you all charged," she head into the store and place
the battery on the charger and wanted to know if there was anything else she
could do for me.
![]() |
| Nigar Vargas Ass. Manager |
The next time I went
into the store, I met Niger Vargaz, Nigar is the Store's assistant manager, this young man is
also a very friend and helpful fellow. Mr. Vargaz is a little reserves, but when
he gets going there is nothing that can stop him, Like Veronica Niger will turn the store
inside-out to help his customer. The soft spoken articulate gentleman is very
calculated and he hates to see a customer leave the store without what they
came in for.
Another member of
this exceptional staff is Janice Campbell or Miss Janice as she is affectionately called. Miss Janice is a down to earth lady whose level of maturity commands the
respect of both staff and customer alike, Miss Janice who appear to be a little
shy, tends to put the customers at ease, when she opens her mouth and her smooth
southern accent is heard. Miss Janice is a woman who is not only quick to help
but seems to know most of the customers by name; this quality represents the peek of customer service. It is only an in tuned customer service representative, who takes the time to remember their customer's name. Miss Janice gives to her customer the biggest compliment anyone can give to a customer, and that is: to remember the name of the person who spend their monies at your establishment.
![]() |
| Jeanine McDonald getting a customer's battery after it was charged |
This store has ten employees
including both Managers. Another of the employee is Jeanine Mc Donald, who is
originally from New York City. Jeanine is a free spirit and there is no doubt she
enjoys her Job. Jeanine can be seen checking customer’s engine oil, replacing
batteries, etc. and she does it with a smile and with her own special swag, as
she floats in and out of the store as needed. At times she can be seen shaking customer’s
car testing their shocks or engaged in healthy discussion with the customers.
Together Veronica
and Nigar make a good team and it is reflective in the quality customer service
provides by the staff they manage. This outgoing friendly bunch of workers has definitely out
class the staff and the quality of service I received at my favorite auto
Store. Congratulation guys, please keep up the good work.
After several
encounter with the staff at this Advance Auto Parts Store, I have been asking myself this question: is this Advance Auto Parts store the exception to the rule or is
there a concerted effort to lift the game of this franchise.
UPDATE:
Since this article was first published, I learn that the staff received a call from the president of the company and the were congratulated by him on a good work done. I also understand that the other branches were admonished to lift the quality of the service they provide and to emulate the guys at 2206 North Roxboro Road Durham, North Carolina.
I never expected that recognizing the high level of service that was provided by this group of workers would have propelled them into the spot light in such a manner, but if a group of people deserve to be so elevated it is this dedicated staff at Advance Auto Parts store.
UPDATE:
Since this article was first published, I learn that the staff received a call from the president of the company and the were congratulated by him on a good work done. I also understand that the other branches were admonished to lift the quality of the service they provide and to emulate the guys at 2206 North Roxboro Road Durham, North Carolina.
I never expected that recognizing the high level of service that was provided by this group of workers would have propelled them into the spot light in such a manner, but if a group of people deserve to be so elevated it is this dedicated staff at Advance Auto Parts store.



Charging of the vehicles is the problem for all it becomes too bad when we are travelling to the long distance. This problem can be overcome by self service auto parts by which the customer can get the products as required
ReplyDelete