![]() |
| Photographer unknown |
I
discovered that James the person who was responsible for stopping me and had me make the inquiries that eventually led to my RV fresh water tank being filled was seriously ill. When
James speaks his voice was barely audible and extremely husky, I later learn
that this helpful man had Cancer. So I had a long Discussion with James about
his condition and about his faith. I learn that James believed that God was
going to heal him.
I took the opportunity to share a word from my Creator and Redeemer with James, after which I prayed with and for him. I thought it strange that his neighbor Pam, who was aware of James’ medical condition, would have lit a cigarette and handed it to James, a man who have been diagnosed and was dying from stage three cancer. However James proceeded to smoke the cancer-stick (a term used by the Rastafarian in the nineteen eighties for cigarette). At the time of the cigarette smoking incident, I was sharing from God’s word so I did not think anything of it.
I
took the opportunity to in check on James while I was in Martinsburg, West
Virginia and he looked forward to my visit. Each time I visited James, he expressed faith that the almighty God was going to work things out for him. On
one of my visits, I discovered that James was also diagnosed and was suffering
from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and was taking medication for
that condition in conjunction with the treatment for Cancer. I also found out that James
Cancer had spread to his hips and it was not looking good.
With all this bad news I made a decision then I informed James, I will hang around Martinsburg until he finished his round of chemo-therapy was completed. My decision to remain in Martinsburg while he underwent his treatment made James cry.
With all this bad news I made a decision then I informed James, I will hang around Martinsburg until he finished his round of chemo-therapy was completed. My decision to remain in Martinsburg while he underwent his treatment made James cry.
On Monday morning before James when to his doctor's appointment, I drove to James' location and had a long chat with him. This is what I said to him:
I said: James,
you as well as I know that your body is dying, he acknowledgement by nodding his head in the affirmative while he muttered an unheard yes. I continued; Your lifestyle have taken
its toll on your body and now it is diseased and is slowly dying; as a matter
of fact, when we think of it your body is dying faster than you will want to
believe. I was bring a reality to James' attention a reality, I thought James needed to hear.
I continued; James you say you want Yahweh to heal you, but you seriously don’t want to live. In a cracked voice that was barely audible, I hear James said: yes I want to live. I continued; if you want to live then you ought to live like it. You are actually slowly committing suicide. I saw a confused look came on James face, He appear not to know what I am speaking of.
I continued; James you say you want Yahweh to heal you, but you seriously don’t want to live. In a cracked voice that was barely audible, I hear James said: yes I want to live. I continued; if you want to live then you ought to live like it. You are actually slowly committing suicide. I saw a confused look came on James face, He appear not to know what I am speaking of.
So I continued as he sat in my RV in the presence of Pamela his fifth Wheeler
neighbor and help: Here we have a situation where you are diagnosed with cancer
and you are also suffering from C.O.P.D and On Saturday I saw you smoking. You are
flying in God’s face. How do you expect to ask the Great Physicians (Yahweh and
his son Jesus Christ) for healing and you are actually working against God’s efforts
to heal you. You are doing so when you put into your body the same poison (the
cigarettes) that maybe responsible for your illness and had the potential to
worsen your conditions. On Saturday I saw you smoking; It just doesn't make sense to me. Does it make sense to
you I asked, the ailing man. James did not answer with words but slowly gazed up at me and
shook his head from left to right in acknowledgment of the truth he was
hearing.
I
continued, James my brother, you are ill and you are dying, you could make one
of two choices, you can prepare to die, or you can prepare to be healed and
live; it is as simple as that. By your action you are telling me that you have and
are preparing to die and you are speeding it up with your continued use of cigarettes.
Then
I open the book and I turn to 3 John1: 3, Beloved, I wish above all things that
you prosper and be in good health even as your soul prospers. Then I said;
James, it is Yahweh’s wish that we be in good health, but you have poor health,
However we serves a God who have a track record of doing what man think is
impossible. Jesus is there eagerly waiting to heal your broken body; however,
when he show up and get the Job done he wants all of the glory and all of the
praise for himself.
Jesus
healed the sick and raises the dead; he did it then he is eagerly waiting to do
it for you right now; but you have to want this blessing of healing bad enough
to want to live for it. Then I turn to Duet. 28: 1 if thou shall listen
diligently to the lord and do all his commandment that thy lord thy God have
command you this day. Thy God will set you on high above all the nation of the
earth, 2) and all these blessings shall come on you and overtake you if you
shall listen to the voice of your Lord.
I
continued and I began to explain this simple text. If you listen diligently to
God word and do what Yahweh God says, there is nothing he will not do for you. Let
us examine the word diligence. Diligence means to pay attention to detail. All
Yahweh is saying here, if you listen to my words and do as I require of you
paying attention to the details I will bless you more then you will know what
to do with.
So
James the choice is yours you can do one of two things, you can prepare to live
or you can prepare to die, the choice is yours. Then we pray and he went to his
doctor’s appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment