Monday, December 16, 2013

Meeting Dawn Alexander Linton: a cool Dame



Dawn Alexandra Linton
I came into contact with many wonderful people and Dawn Linton is one such persons. It was my last day in Martinsburg, West Virginia, The day before that Day, I had to pick up a package from the Martinsburg's post office. I had ordered a 12 volts solar battery charger and I was expecting it. So after I was finished using the internet at Martins Supermarket in Martinsburg, West Virginia, I decide and then I drove to the post office and park on the compound of the plaza wherein the Unites States Postal Service was housed.

The post office was about ten minutes away, it was 12:30 A.M. when I arrived at my destination. So I pulled my curtain and I prepare for bed. The night was cold so I ran my heater at a sixty four degrees, unfortunately when I woke up, I discovered that my batteries were dead. From my interacting with the people of the area I was told the evening was going to be cold.

The dead batteries grounded me for the day, there was an Advance Auto Parts across the street, from the shopping plaza that housed the post office; so I load my two heavy batteries on my mini hand truck and I cross the busy highway to Advance Auto, unfortunately; this Advance Auto Parts store had only one battery charger, this extend my waiting time, so I took the opportunity to checkout the stores within the vicinity. I had to return to Advance Auto at 8:00 or 8:30 P.M. Which was the estimated time to charge the batteries.

Even after browsing the stores I still had a two hour wait before the batteries would be ready. Unfortunately for me the weather became extremely cold. It was then I decided to use the facility of the laundry mart on the compound. The Laundry Mart was worm, there was a television and it is always a good place to meet people.

The next day the cold spell continued, everyone I met were complaining about the cold. I went to the nearby gas station to replenish my petrol tank, I was allowed upon request to replenished my fresh water thank also. I was grateful to Kimberley Sullicvan, the friendly gas station attendant, who  granted me permission and directed me to the area of the station where a faucet was. I connected the RV to the water outlet, then I went to enjoy the warmth of the gas station, where I chat with Kimberley while I waited for the tank to be fill.

While there, a beautiful, energetic, happy and very friendly young lady whose name I later found our to be Dawn Linton walked in and a bungle of happiness came in with her. I cannot remember how I got into the conversation but Dawn and I really had a good powwow. 
Dawn and her hubby and teenage love: Tim
Apparently Dawn was at home on her day off from work, when her cousin call her to run an errand for him. Which was to pick him up some smokes and bring them by his job.

After a half an hour or so chatting, Dawn quickly nip off to take her cousin his smokes then she returned. On her return we chat like forever. It was so easy speaking to Dawn that I was sure we were almost best friends. We spoke of may thing from family to travel to favorite things to do, from vacation spots, to sharing our faith etc. In sharing our faith, discovered that Dawn was in love with her Lord and savior Jesus Christ. When I share the story where I was eaten a live by bed bug at one of the local motels, it was - A buggy situation and Dawn she sure got a kick out of it. Then it was time for me to leave.

I think Dawn Linton is a pretty cool dame and one of my new friends. She is another wonderful person who took the time to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment