Thursday, December 5, 2013

Theadore and Tammy an act of kindness.

Theodore and Tammy

It was my intention to take my van with me, when I leave NYC, for it is not convenient for me to drive the large camper to and from certain places. However in order for me to take my van along I needed a tow-bar, which is the easiest mean of traveling with two vehicle. I checked the prices and discovered that a tow-bars which is used to tow cars and average vehicles, has a five thousand pound towing capacity and they are affordable; unfortunately, my van is over ten thousand pounds and therefore I needed a tow-bar of that or higher capacity. Tow-bars with a ten thousand pounds or higher capacity, ranged in price: from five hundred to several thousand dollars.

So I decided to check the internet for used tow-bars. Since there were no tow-bars in my area, I decided to look for tow-bars in those states I must pass through on my way to pick up RV. Fortunately, I discovered a used heavy duty tow bar in Maryland.

On the evening of the Monday 2nd, December, 2013, I showed up to the address I was given, there I met, a man, who introduced himself as Ted, He showed me the tow-bar we speak about on the phone; he  also took the time to explained its features to me; Ted, provided most of the information I needed to know about the tow-bar and its safe usage.

I paid for the tow-bar and I put the apparatus in the van. While I was getting into the van to leave,  Theodore (Ted) asked me if I will like something to drink. I had a long way to go and I did not want to be held back, but I could not reject the worm hospitable gesture that came from this helpful and kind gentle man. After Ted named a range of drinks, I settled for a glass of milk.

On invitation, I entered Ted's beautiful home and Ted and I sat down to a glass of milk. While I was having my milk, Ted insisted that I have a turkey sandwich, but before I could refused he got up moved over the fridge took out the container in which they kept the turkey and placed it  on the table in front of me. He offered me rolls and vegetables for the sandwich.

While Ted and I were about an hour into our conversation, a woman appear from one of the rooms in the back of the two story house, she had a white cotton stylish poncho draped over her outfit. Ted introduced the lady as Tammy: his wife.

Although she did not say it, I guessed Tammy became concerned after she heard Ted in a prolong conversation with a man who was a total stranger, in their home. The knife with which I cut the turkey, was sitting on the Turkey dish, on the table between Ted and I. Tammy's first order was to removed the knife from the table; an instinctive cautionary measure. After which she joined the conversation which went on for four hours. When it was time to go, the couple insisted that I took some fruits with me; however I reluctantly took an apple.

Theodore and Tammy have been married for thirty years, the couple have one daughter and three grandchildren.

This was another awesome couple and for me another beautiful experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment