Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pastor Scott Young a good guy


Pastor Scott Young

I had to be back in New York City (NYC), as a result I need a safe place and someone to take care of the RV, for it will be too costly and too much of a burden to drive the RV back to NYC and back to the south where I am at currently.

The task I am faced with, is to fine someone who is trustworthy and honest to leave the RV and its contents with. I do not know the people on this side of the country, It was hard to decided who was the most appropriate person to leave the RV with. Another question I must also consider was: would they want the responsibility of taking care of my property?

It was totally impossible to come up with someone at such short noticed. Then I had "a Holy Spirit moment" (idea), why not try the church you attend, after all the leadership are always boasting that we are a world wide organization.  As a result of my "Holy Spirit moment" I did an internet search for the closest Seventh Day Adventist church to my location.

I discovered the Five Oaks Seventh Day Adventist church was the closest to where I was.  So I sent the pastor an email, for I did not expected anyone to be at the church and the Pastor's number was not listed on the website. The mail failure alert I received alerted me the pastor's Five Oaks email address was not working.

Due to the fact, I did not received an expected email reply or a call from the pastor, I used his alternate email address and resent the email informing him that I was on my way to his location.  My back up plan was to go to another church (not necessarily and Adventist church) within the area and make the same request. I know this world is fill with Good Samaritans and a lot of them still wear the robe of ministry.

So I drove to the Five Oaks church location, I parked the RV on the church property and I began to look around to see if there were anyone on the compound. I notice a vehicle drove onto the compound, however; when I try to flag down the vehicle, the driver  did not stop but just kept on driving. Five minutes later I received a call from an elder, who informed me that he will be at the church within an hour. About an hour or so later, the person who called earlier showered up, accompanied by his wife as he said he would be.

I parked the RV in the place suggested and I was also given a safe place to store my valuables. When I experienced some unexpected difficulties, which I brought to Pastor Young's attention, he expressed his sorrow and satisfied the humble request I made.

I am grateful to Pastor Young and the other members: of the Five Oaks Seventh Day Adventist Church, who was involved in extending  their kindness to me. Thanks to this Servant of the Almighty God: Yahweh and his son Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment