Friday, November 22, 2013

Finding a safe place to sleep

It is now the evening of Tuesday October 28th, I am not quite sure of the time; but I have been driving for several hours. I am not sure where I am, however, I saw a sign that said: Gas and rest area a mile ahead. On arrival to the rest area, I pulled in. I noticed there were two gas stations and a Duncan Doughnut there. So I pulled into the smaller and less crowded of the two gas stations; there I purchased gasoline and decided to called it a night. The rest facilities (parking area,) at the smaller gas station was less lighted and there were fewer trucks there also.
I drove into the rest area of the smallest Gas Station and I parked the RV. However, I had a very uneasy feeling there, I felt unsafe in the poorly lighted facility. As a result I drove over to the larger gas station which was crowded, and look for a place to park. The parking area was very crowded; there were big rigs with containers everywhere, as well as the movement of the same. Some were getting petrol while other was looking for a place to honker down for the night. By this time it was must about 12:00 A.M.

I tried parking in a few spots but I was not satisfied that I was appropriately parked, it was then I saw a spot between two large rig. In front was a trailer hitched to a pickup truck and behind there was just enough space for me to park the RV. So I carefully drove my Camper into the slot ensure that the rear of my RV was not extending out I pulled my curtains got my blanket and settled down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment