![]() |
| Jerry and Darliene Earp |
On the morning of Monday the 25th November 2013,
I went into the local diner: the Bojangles’, which is located in Creedmoor, Granville County, North Carolina, 27522. It seems everyone in the community comes into this
establishment for breakfast. While sitting there I saw an elderly couple whose
name I later found out to be Jerry and Darlene Earp came in. Darliene walked
into the establishment and took a seat next to where I was sitting on the
computer, while Jerry stood in line to place the order and get the food.
I noticed Jerry came to the sidebar and whispered to his
wife: Darliene then girlishly got up from the chair on which she sat and went
over to hear what Jerry was saying. This couple looked at each other with such
affection I was amaze. Apparently, Darilene Love Jelly on her biscuits unfortunately the Bojangles were out of jelly. So Jerry jokingly brought it to his wife’s
attention.
I was amazed at the teenage affections and giggle that these
two senior citizen share with each other. When Darliene returned to the table, I
started a conversation with her. I told her I was surprised at the level of affections
with which Jerry looked at her. Bubbling over with teenage excitement and with a humble pride in her voice she said:
“he still do, even after forty two years”.
Darlieen with the same girlish excitement told me she was
seventy (72) two years old and she was six years older than her husband. Upon question
she told me that she met Jerry in 1969 and a year later on the 23rd
of January 1970, they got married and they are as much in love with each other
now as they were forty three years ago.
The couple has three children, four grand children and two
great grand children. When Jerry came to the table with the food, I apologize
to him for imposing on their time together, he sat, like they have rehearsed it
over the years they both bowed their heads together and blessed their meal then
they ate, greeted their friends and left with the same excitement they entered
with.
With all the trouble that is plaguing marriages today, it is
good to see that there are couples who can forget about their trouble and just
love each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment