It
was Wednesday morning, 29th October, 2013; it was another beautiful sunny day. I got up, fold the
blanket, change my clothes, brush my teeth;
got something to eat then I was on my way, at about 12:00 P.M, I say a sign
welcoming me to West Virginia; it also said a welcoming station is a mile away.
On my arrival, I drove into the Welcoming Station, use the wash room and, do a
little work on the camper.
By
this time I realized the wipers had stop working. I had no clue how to fix the
wiper, so it was a good thing it was not raining. However, there was rain
predicted for the next few days. It’s impossible and extremely unsafe to drive
in the rain with none-functioning windshield wipers.
In my
effort to repair the wipers I opened the front compartment of the RV, took out my
trusted tester and I began to probe. I discovered that electricity was going to
the windshield wipers motor, I tried bridging the wires to test the motor, but
nothing worked. I was convinced that the wiper motor had failed.
I
disconnected the wiper motor and disassembled it from its fix position on the
front of the vehicle. After removing the motor I try powering up the motor but
it did not respond. It seems like I have to replace the wiper motor. So I tied
the other part of the windshield assembly together then I left the welcoming
facility, but not before I got some important information as it relates to
banking and transferring of money. It was particularly important that I access
a money transfer facility in a hurry.
This was
important to me because, the deadline to pay for my daughter: Jem's advance
level examination was fast approaching. So I followed the instruction of the
attendant at the welcoming facility, I took exit 23 into Falling Waters. While
in Falling Waters I came upon a small shopping plaza with a large Supermarket.
On inquiry, I discovered there was a remote Western Union operation. I did the
transaction using the prescribed telephone then I paid the value to the cashier.
I then contacted my daughter with the necessary information letting her know
the money is on its way.
I was
still on a proud high celebrating my daughter Alana’s accomplishment of receiving
a national scholar’s award and scholarship. I also know Jem is a very determine
young lady with the ability to follow in her sister's educational
footsteps/path. I then left Falling Water West Virginia and stopped in Martinsburg.




No comments:
Post a Comment