Monday, November 25, 2013

A friendly neighbor

Tony "Big T" Richards
I was hanging around Creedmoor, in Grenville County, North Caroline; in my effort to confirm the name of my present location, I asked a young man what is the name of this place. After the young man left, an older fellow by the name of Tony Richards AKA Big T, came over to where I was and told me he overheard me asking where I was. He then gave me all the information I need about the environment. He also gives me a lesson on hunting. He said ever since he was a child he hunted. However although he go out with the hunting party, He have not kill anything for a while.

He further explained that between Novembers to January is call rut. This is when the Deer go through their mating period. He describes the territorial behavior of the male in order to win the affection and the right to mate with particular female.


Toney who is from a small town call Stem in Granville County, explain that there is only three business place in Stem, a general store a gestation and the newest addition to the commercial life of Stem is a Dollar General. He also told me that having a Dollar General is a big thing in Stem. 

Tony farms with his uncles in the Summer months and hunt deer in the winter.  In the summer the crop of choice is Fescue grass that is use to make hay. Big T explained how that grass is dried and wind row, piled, collected and stocked as well as all of the other procedure and hard work that is required to make hay. I learn a lot just listening to Tony’s stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment